Plumeria Seed and Seedling Starter Kit with Nutrient Kit - Free Shipping
- Free Shipping
Plumeria Seed and Seedling Starter Kit. Does not include Seeds.
Everything you need for the first 8 months of a seedlings life. Does not include Seeds. (Except the 1 gal pots and soil).
After several years of experimenting with various types of growing media and nutrients mixes for germinating seedlings and growing seedlings, we've decided to share the best products we are now using with you in an easy to use Plumeria Seed and Seedling Starter Kit. The Florida Colors Nursery Plumeria Seed Starter Kit consists of a flat tray without drain holes, a plug tray and 36, pH neutral 2" x 3" FCN FlexiPlugs, foam injected peat plugs pre-saturated with micro-nutrients. Specific micro-nutrients have been added to promote seed germination and give young seedlings a kick start.
The Plumeria Seed Starter Kit is for the serious grower who wants the most out of their seeds. For best results always start with the freshest seeds possible. Purchase from a trusted seller known to provide quality plumeria seeds.
The kit is wrapped in plastic and sealed to keep the plugs moist.
Plumeria Seed Kit Contents:
|36 - 2" x 3" FCN FlexiPlugs|
|1 - 10" x 20" Plug Tray holds 36 Plugs|
|1 - 10"x 20" Flat Tray (without holds)|
|1 - 10"x 20" 2" tall clear cover for germinating indoors.|
|Includes Plumeria Nutrient Kit|
|4 oz of Bioblast|
|4 oz of Vitazyme|
|4 oz of Carl Pool's Root Activator|
|20 oz of Excalibur Plumeria Fertilizer IV 11-11-14 with micronutrients|
|NOTE: Plugs and trays comes sealed in plastic. All you need is Plumeria Seeds.|
If you are planning on germination seeds over the winter months.
- Keep your plumeria seeds and seedlings warm. We have found keeping the soil around the roots between 85-95 degrees is optimum for root growth. It may be necessary to use a heating mate to maintain adequate heat in cooler regions.
- Plumeria seeds only need moisture and heat to germinate. Caution: Do not let the seeds dry out once they have started to germinate. Plumeria seeds don't need light to germinate. However, plumeria seedlings do need light to perform photosynthesis, even the seed leaves are capable of performing photosynthesis to convert nutrients into plant food.
- Plumeria seeds may be germinated in the Flexiplugs supplied or you can use other methods such as the paper towel method. (If you start your seeds with a different method from the Flexiplugs, at the first signs of root growth it is best to insert the seed into a Flexiplug to avoid any damage to the roots.)
As always, we are pleased to share our experiences and technology!
Plumeria Nurrient Mix Kit
Included our Nutrient Mix Kit - We have provided the same nutrients and fertilizer we use to grow our seedlings. The kit includes enough nutrients for the first 8 months of your seedlings growth.
Mixing: 1 oz of Carl Pool's Root Activator and 1 oz Vital Earth's Vitazyme per gal of water.
This nutrient mix is also sold on our website: https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/nutrient-starter-kit/
Each product may also sold be purchased in larger containers.
If you need to test viability or speed up initial germination, you may want to soak your seeds before planting. See “How to Soak Plumeria Seeds”
Phase I is seed germination, all you need is plumeria seeds and a sharp knife to get started.
- Remove the plastic wrap. (The tray and plugs are wrapped in plastic and sealed to keep the plugs moist.)
- With a kitchen knife or similar, directly over the existing hole in each plug, make a 1/2" wide slice and about 2" down into the plug.
- Place your seeds in the slice allowing the seed’s flag to stick out.
- Fill the flat tray with the nutrient mix (Mix a nutrient mix using 1 oz of Carl Pool's Root Activator and 1 oz of Vitazyme to 1 gal of water or similar nutrient products) The easiest way is to lift a plug out add nutrients and replace the plug.
- The preferred temperature to germinate seeds range from 85-95 degrees. During cooler months you may need to use a heating mat.
- Optional to use of plastic cover if you are indoors
- Seed germination will take from 7-14 days, sometimes longer.
Phase II is the initial seedling growth
- Check the flat tray every few days and add water when needed to keep the tray full. The easiest way is to lift a plug out, check and add nutrients if needed, then replace the plug.
- After your seedling has produced three or four real leaves, start fertilizing with Bioblast 7-7-7 every two weeks (Mix: 1 teaspoon per gallon, this is half strength), early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Do not spray during the heat of the day.
- Check the water level in the trays often and add water as needed to keep the flat tray full of water.
- Check and add nutrients as needed, the same mix as above or similar.
- Every two weeks Foliage feed with Bioblast 7-7-7 fertilize (1 teaspoon per gallon, half strength), early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Do not spray during the heat of the day.
- When you see substantial growth and lots of roots, it is time to transplant into the soil.
- Initial seedling growth is usually 2-3 months.
NOTE: Your seedlings growth will vary depending on the weather and time of year. Spring is the best time for planting and growing plumeria seeds. Seeds need warmth and moisture to germinate; seedlings need warmth, moisture, and light to grow.
Transplanting to Soil and Fertilizing
Phase III is transplanting the plugs into a soil mix; I use Pro-Mix BX with Mycorrhizae for the first phase of seedling growth in soil. Expect this to be eight months or longer.
- Fill a one gal pot or larger with Pro-Mix BX with Mycorrhizae.
- Drench the Pro-Mix with the same mix as above, (1 oz of Root Activator and 1 oz Vitazyme per gal of water)
- Make a hole large enough for the plug to fit in, (we use a rooting tube to make an indention into the soil).
- Insert the plug in the soil (Be careful not to damage the roots).
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of Excalibur VI around the plug and the top of the soil. Excalibur should last until the seedlings are approximately eight months old.
- Add soil to cover the fertilizer and the plug with about 1/2" to 1" of soil.
- Tamp the soil around the plug to assure good contact between the plug and the soil.
- Water until the soil is soaked.
- Add soil when needed.
- Be sure to water well when the soil is almost dry.
- Every two weeks Foliage feed with Bioblast 7-7-7 fertilize (1 tablespoon per gallon, full strength), early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Do not spray during the heat of the day.
- Treat for insects as needed.
Now that you have labored so hard to give your seeds the best possible care to help your seeds germinate and grow all you have to do is wait. I can assure you the feeling you get when you a plumeria seedling bloom that you grew from seed is worth it. Hopefully, you will find out how it feels for yourself in a few years.
About FCN’s FlexiPlugs - Stabilized Peat Plugs designed for Professional Grower
FCN FlexiPlugs are created by blending the highest quality peat with other organics and a foam binder. The result is a stabilized propagation medium that promotes faster growth for plumeria seedlings and provides the consistent moisture needed for seed germination. Our pH balanced plug also contains micronutrients and active biologicals so it has all the elements needed to promote healthy root growth and young plant vigor.
Benefits for Plumeria
- Higher water holding capacity and even dry down
- Air pockets provide optimal aeration
- Resists compaction
- pH balanced
- Blended with micronutrients & biologicals for plumeria
Benefits for Growers
- Greater control over growing processes
- Faster rooting
- Less mess on the bench
- Earlier & easier transplanting
- Greater initial densities
The plug design promotes:
- Aeration and hydration
- Root zone insulation in the cold and heat
- Longer hold times for slower growing crops
FCN's FlexiPlug's Cellular Sponge technology for soil-less growing media is designed to give your seedlings a stronger start! FlexiPlugs are created by blending the highest quality peat with other organics and a foamed binder. The result is a stabilized propagation medium that promotes faster germination and growth while providing the consistent moisture needed for plumeria seed germination. Our pH balanced plug also contains micronutrients and active biologicals, so it has all the elements needed to promote healthy root growth and young plant vigor.
Our FCN FlexiPlugs soil-less stabilized growing media is perfect for growing Plumeria Seedlings.
This sponge-like quality means:
- Less mess on the bench
- Earlier & easier transplanting
- Greater initial densities
Thank you for your purchase of Plumeria from Florida Colors Nursery. Please remember that plants are living entities and need care as such. Success with your new plumeria is tied directly to the amount of care it is given. Florida Colors Nursery was founded in 1976 and has been growing and selling plumeria sense 1992 and has been very successful because we are honest and fair in our assessments on guarantee claims.
Please call us with any questions you may have about plumeria care. Please visit this link to learn how to care for your plumeria. https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/how-to-care-for-your-plumeria/
ALL Plumeria are guaranteed to be the variety sold as.
Grafted plants are guarantee for four (4) months
Rooted plants are guarantee for three (3) months
Callused cuttings are guaranteed for two (2) months
Fresh cuttings and one (1) month (sold only to experienced growers)