Excalibur Plumeria Fertilizer VI (11-11-14) 12 lbs (Includes Shipping)
- Usually: Ships in 5-7 business days
- Free Shipping
- Shipped in separate boxes from plants
Excalibur Plumeria Fertilizer VI (NPK of 11-11-14) 12 lbs of six month slow release (Includes Shipping)
NOW WITH BORON. Excalibur Plumeria Fertilizer was developed by combining Florida Colors Nursery’s expertise growing plumeria with the latest advancements in nutrient technology, Florida Colors Nursery’s Excalibur fertilizers have proven to provide highly effective and efficient results.
Contains 3-4 lb resealable bags.
We were able to formulate a supreme-quality fertilizer with an NPK of 11-11-14 designed specifically for plumeria. Introduce only a few years ago, Excalibur has become the standard which other fertilizers are judged for growing plumeria. Excalibur is just what you need to assure your plumeria is getting what it needs to grow and bloom at it's full potential. With Excalibur your plumerias are receiving supreme-quality fertilizers and service from a plumeria grower you know and can trust.
Excalibur is a custom mix fertilizer using controlled release technology formulated specifically for Plumeria. Excalibur is tested at 86 degrees, not 70 degrees. Excalibur uses a combination of Multi-coat and Poly-coat technology to achieve the release rate, which is moisture activated and based on osmosis.
Why Use Excalibur?
- Excalibur: designed specifically for Plumeria
- Excalibur: promotes healthy even plumeria growth
- Excalibur: high quality 11-11-14 NPK granular fertilizer with Micronutrients
- Excalibur: available as a 11-11-14 6 month or 11-11-13 9 month controlled release fertilizer
- Excalibur: designed to release nutrients as your Plumeria needs them to thrive
- Excalibur: uses water activated polyon coated ingredients and heat to release nutrients
- Excalibur: formulated by Florida Colors Nursery with over 35 years of experience growing Plumeria
- Excalibur: not only sold by Florida Colors Nursery but we use it on all of our plumeria
- Excalibur: exclusively sold by Florida Colors Nursery or an approved agent
- Excalibur: backed by one of the largest national fertilizer companies
- Excalibur: approved to sell in every state the Continental US and Hawaii
Typical Usage Rates:
- 4-4 1/2" = 3/4 tbsp.
- 6" - 1 gal pot = 2 tbsp.
- 3 gal pot = 3 tbsp.
- 5 gal pot - 4 tbsp. (1 oz = 2 tbsp.)
- Grown in the ground, use approximately 1 - 2 tablespoons per inch of trunk dia. Depending on how many branch the tree has.
Excalibur is applied dry and is best to cover with about an inch of two of soil for even distribution, it needs water to release nutrients. Designed to take in the with the water and warmth requirements of plumeria.
Excalibur is a controlled release multi coated fertilizer designed to last approximately 6 months for Excalibur VI and 9 months for Excalibur IX (depending on which you use).
How it feeds your plants:
- Application of Water
- Release of Nutrients
- Decomposition of Poly coating
Advantages of controlled release fertilizers are that the nutrients are available gradually over time. This means that the gardener can fertilize less often, and the nutrients are provided slowly and steadily. This is how most plants prefer to be fed and helps them grow well. Granular fertilizers are easier to control because you can actually see how much fertilizer you're using and where it's being dispersed.
Fertilizers are a mix of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). The ratio will be indicated by three numbers (the first is nitrogen, the middle number is phosphorous, and the third is potassium). We recommend a balanced fertilizer with micronutrients for plumeria with a NPK of 11-11-14 or 11-11-13 Excalibur Plumeria Fertilizer.
Micronutrients - The Hidden Story...And, Often Only Delivered by Controlled Release Fertilizers!
There are several nutrients essential to plant growth and health that are only needed in very small quantities. These are manganese, copper, iron, chlorine, and molybdenum and zinc.
- Chlorine is necessary for osmosis and ionic balance; it also plays a role in photosynthesis.
- Copper is a component of some enzymes and of vitamin A. Symptoms of copper deficiency include browning of leaf tips and chlorosis.
- Iron is essential for chlorophyll synthesis, which is why an iron deficiency results in chlorosis.
- Manganese activates some important enzymes involved in chlorophyll formation. Manganese deficient plants will develop chlorosis between the veins of its leaves. The availability of manganese is partially dependent on soil pH.
- Molybdenum is essential to plant health. Molybdenum is used by plants to reduce nitrates into usable forms. Some plants use it for nitrogen fixation, thus it may need to be added to some soils before seeding legumes.
- Zinc participates in chlorophyll formation, and also activates many enzymes. Symptoms of zinc deficiency include chlorosis and stunted growth.
- Boron plays a vital role in a diverse range of plant functions including cell wall formation and stability, maintenance of structural and functional integrity of biological membranes, movement of sugar or energy into growing parts of plants, and POLLINATION and SEED SET.
Thank you for your purchase of Plumeria from Florida Colors Nursery. Please remember that plants are living entities and need care as such. Success with your new plumeria is tied directly to the amount of care it is given. Florida Colors Nursery was founded in 1976 and has been growing and selling plumeria sense 1992 and has been very successful because we are honest and fair in our assessments on guarantee claims.
Please call us with any questions you may have about plumeria care. Please visit this link to learn how to care for your plumeria. https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/how-to-care-for-your-plumeria/
ALL Plumeria are guaranteed to be the variety sold as.
Grafted plants are guarantee for four (4) months
Rooted plants are guarantee for three (3) months
Callused cuttings are guaranteed for two (2) months
Fresh cuttings and one (1) month (sold only to experienced growers)