King Arthur FCN Plumeria
- King Arthur
- Usually: Ships in 5-7 business days
- Calculated at Checkout
- Flower Color:
- Flower Fragrance:
- Flower Size:
- Growing Habit:
- Medium (12"-24" per yr)
King Arthur Plumeria: 2021 introduction
This striking beauty offers gorgeous red and white 3” blooms with darker orange center turning to red with head. The inflo creates a striking bloom bouquet that pop against the green foliage. We’ll also note that King Arthur is a great bloomer with a spicy fragrance that you get to enjoy all season long!
This medium tree is a good choice for gardeners who are looking for a tree with a distinctive flowers. If your looking for a rare and unique plumeria, King Arthur is the one for serious collectors who enjoy having a unique very rare addition to their collection. Florida Colors Plumeria Nursery seedling first bloomed in 2017. Speaking of plumeria parents, King Arthur’s pod parent is Camelot.
King Arthur's typical size when shipped:
- Grafted plants are 15-20 inches from the soil line
If you purchase a Dwarf you can expect it to be smaller if you purchase a medium or tall grower you can expect them to be larger when shipped. Later in the season our plumeria are typically larger than the beginning of the season.
When You Get Your Plumeria
What you should know:
- We ship plumeria with the leaves cut off per requirements by the USDA
- Every plumeria is inspected for any signs of damage and insects
- We spray each plumeria with mineral oil as a precaution.
What you should Do First:
- Inspect the box and note or take photos if damaged
- Carefully Unpack, inspect your plumeria, if damaged in any way, take photos and notify Florida Colors Nursery immediately via email at [email protected] or phone 305-258-1068
- Soak the roots in water for 2-4 hours to hydrate your plumeria
- Pot in a 3 gal pot using well draining soil.
- Water your plumeria well for the next three days, then as needed. Plumeria do not like their roots to be wet.
- We grow all our plumeria in full sun. We suggest you place your new plumeria in full sun.
- To help you understand more about fertilizers...see https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/__socialshop/understanding-fertilizers/
- For more info on caring for your plumeria...see https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/__socialshop/how-to-care-for-your-plumeria/
PLUMERIA NAME: KING ARTHURPSA REGISTRATION:
- Registered by: Florida Colors Nursery
- Registration Year: Planned for 2020
SKILL TO GROW:
- Flower Front Color (as appears 10 feet away, during the prime blooming season): Red
- Flower Back Color:: Dark pink to red
- Flower Center Size: Medium
- Flower Center Color: Orange
- Throat Size: Medium
- Flower Throat Color: Orange turning Red with the sun
- Flower Size: 3”
- Flower Type: Slightly reflexed
- Keeping Quality - Texture (Lei): Average
- Flower Fade Rate (Lei): Average
- Flower Reaction to Sun and Heat: Center fades from Red to white with the sun
- Fragrance: Spicy fragrance
- Flower Fragrance Intensity: Moderate
- Petal Type: Wide petals, pointed tip, slightly overlapped
- Petal Color Details: Red - White
- Blooming: Great bloomer
- Blooming Period: All season
- Inflo Stalk Color: Brown
- Pubescence: Yes
- Bud Color: Red
- Inflo shape: Medium
- Leaf Color: Green
- Leaf Texture: Matte
- Leaf Vein Color: Green
- Leaf Border Color: Green
- Petiole Color:Green
- Petiole Length:
- Leaf Shape:
- Leaf Length and Width:
- Tree Type: Deciduous
- Growth Habit: Compact, 12” - 24” per year
- Vigor: Average-growing
- Mature Bark Texture: Smooth
- Mature Bark Color: Grey
- Tree Shape: Upright
- Trunk or branch circumference: Medium
- Small New Growth Brown
- Tip Color:
- Branching Density: Medium
- Branching After Bloom: Good
- Branching After Prune:
- Root system: Typical
- Seed Propagation: Sets Seeds
- Stem Propagation: Grafts
HERITAGE AND LINEAGE
- Pod Parent - Seedling Of: Camelot
- Known Seedlings:
- Pollen Parent: Unknown
- The Orange color
- Notes / History: One of the first cultivars created by Tex, Kay and Carol. Named for the Authorial Age. Seed planted in July of 2014, first bloomed in July 2017.
Our GuaranteeFlorida Colors Nursery's Guarantee to You.
Thank you for your purchase of Plumeria from Florida Colors Nursery. Please remember that plants are living entities and need care as such. Success with your new plumeria is tied directly to the amount of care it is given. Florida Colors Nursery has been growing and selling plumeria sense 1992 and has been very successful because we are honest and fair in our assessments on guarantee claims.
Please call us with any questions you may have about plumeria care....see https://www.floridacolorsplumeria.com/__socialshop/how-to-care-for-your-plumeria/
ALL Plumeria are guaranteed to be the variety sold as.
Grafted plants are guaranteed for four (4) months
Rooted plants are guaranteed for three (3) months